The revolutionary Danfoss Turbocor family of compressors, the world's first totally oil-free compressors, are specifically designed for the Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) industry.
The convergence of aerospace and industrially proven magnetic bearing, variable-speed centrifugal compression and digital electronic technologies enables the Danfoss Turbocor family of compressors to achieve the highest compressor efficiencies for water-cooled, evaporative cooled and air-cooled HVAC applications.
Danfoss Turbocor compressors are available in four different models ranging from 60 tons to 200 tons.
- Outstanding energy efficiency: The Turbocor family of chillers' competitive full load and outstanding part load efficiency enables HVAC OEM's to exceed ASHRAE 90.1 and California Title 24 energy efficiency requirements.
- Totally oil-free operation: No oil management hardware, controls or downtime costs. Improved heat transfer efficiency.
- Extended equipment life with minimal scheduled maintenance: Solid-state electronics, no lubrication and no metal-to-metal contact of rotating components.
- Onboard digital controls and power electronics: Enables effective monitoring, control and self-diagnosis/correction of system operation. Eliminates some traditional OEM control and power panel costs.
- Compact: 50% less footprint and 1/4 to 1/5 the weight of traditional compressors. The actual operating weight is up tp 300 pounds, while conventional screw compressors can weigh over 1000 pounds.
- Environmentally responsive: Optimized for CFC-free HFC-134a, plus high-energy efficiency means reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Soft Starting: The soft start module, which is standard on each Danfoss Turbocor compressor, reduces significantly the in-rush current at start up, and provides advantages to line power systems and reduces thermal stress on the stator. The start up in-rush current of Danfoss Turbocor compressors is only 2 Amps versus a typically up to 500-600 Amps experienced by traditional screw compressors in this tonnage range.
- Simpler design: No oil management hardware such as oil separator, oil heater and cooler, oil pump, oil filter, or controls.
- ETL Listed
- CE Compliant
- Exceptionally quiet operation: 70dBA (conversation level) sound with virtually no vibration.
Hear the Difference
Click the play button to hear the sound of a typical screw compressor (85 dBA)
Click the play button to hear the sound of a Turbocor compressor (73 dBA)
Note: The sound files above are in .MP3 format. Differences in speaker settings will affect the volume of the files. Both files were recorded at one meter away from the compressor.